"Self Reliance"
I just got back from an enrichment festival while Brian took care of the kids.It was so nice to be able to talk with women and start getting connected without interruptions from my kids. Today was the first time I've been able to really get to know anyone. Usually people only talk to the kids or to me about my kids. It's been really hard not feeling a connection with anyone out here. But I was able to line up some outings with a few of the ladies. I also asked for a list and numbers of the kids around Gavin's age so I can get a weekly play date started for him with kids from church. It's been hard for Gavin to go to church. He needs to play with these kids and start building friendships, we all are in need of that right now.
I had such a great time at the festival. It was on being self reliant. Everyone was asked to bring something they make to earn extra income for display. We had Pres Quinto speak to us in detail about how to start your own business. "Start Small, Think Big!" It got me thinking about what I might be able to do, while I'm here, to benefit our family and explore and further my talents. It was very informational and quite an experiance to see a different countries process for starting your own company. In Baguio, they don't have too many government regulated companies. They have more street vendors than anything.
Some of the ladies in the ward are going to get together to make table lace. I'm excited to learn how to do this and anything else that they are willing to teach me.





Comments
That's amazing. This must be quite the experience. I can't believe what beauties surround you. That's wonderful you were able to get together with the Sisters. It looks like you really enjoyed yourself.