New Underware

We have been potty training Gavin for 4 days and feel he's doing a great job. I purchased a (pdf) book online from ThePottyTrainer.com which gave me the confidence I needed to start training Gavin. He has done so well, having only 2 accidents. On the second day he even "pooped" in the potty. I feel like he's been ready to use the potty since before Olivia was born. Obviously we didn't want to start it with a new baby and a huge move in the immediate future. We have also been using bum genius cloth diapers for naps and night time. We call them his "night pants". It amazes me that kids this young really know what's going on with their bodies. We have been rewarding him with 1 treat (marshmallow, M&M, sucker) every time he goes on the potty. He wanted more treats so he'd go a little then get his treat. A few minutes later he'd say "pee pee" and run to the bathroom, sure enough he'd go a little more. We even went out side to play for a little over an hour. I put him in a diaper since there is no bathroom close by. We got back upstairs and put him onto the potty, I checked his diaper and it was dry. It's great to know he doesn't want to pee in his diaper. We hope this will continue to be a positive experience for him and us.

Comments

Budgetgirl said…
Oh good for him! That's so funny that he holds out so he can get more treats! haha kids are great ;)
Anonymous said…
Oh geez sorry Jos, I didn't realize I was signed into my gmail account but that last comment was from me in case you were wondering!
Eric and Jenny said…
I am just so jealous, Lance is still having trouble being potty trained. I tried for a few weeks before we moved with no success. So I gave it a month or so and now I am starting round 2. I can take all the advice I can get, so far NOTHING has worked for him. Great job Gavin, keep it up!
Melea said…
Yeah! So glad you now only have one in diapers. Sounds like he is a natural!
Anonymous said…
Oh, congrats Joslin - it's so liberating, each new step they take for independance, is one GIANT leap for US! I just finally got R to buckle her own seatbelt, this week - and I feel so LIBERATED. Love it.
Kaha Tahi said…
So, our little Miss has been potty training now for 2 months...how are you so successful? She does great, goes all day and then decides she is done the next day...she is so random on when she does and doesn't want to do it!! Any help tips?
Joslin said…
Gavin has been doing pretty good. He's only had a few minor accidents. He holds it really well when we're out places or playing. He fights me first thing in the morning, but I've started just forcing him to sit on the potty so he keeps his "night pants" dry. He gets a sucker for pooping on the potty and a few M&M's or marshmallows for peeing. (He likes the suckers more, so they're harder to get!) Good luck with yours. We still have to remind him to go every hour or so.

Popular Posts