New Friends

We have learned how to build the perfect fire, by trail and error. This is our main source of heat in the house. We did get our 2 space heaters for the bedrooms but when the power goes out, they're useless. It's a wonderful thing to know we can stay warm by fires since the power goes out frequently during typhoon season.
We had just walked in the door when I saw something run on the wall from behind our water dispenser to the fridge. I screamed and said, "Brian, I just saw something big, dark and fast!" Brian was a bit aprehensive to pull out the fridge, not knowing if it was going to be one of the huge spiders we have here. Luckily it was just a friendly gecko. After talking with Tanya (previous tenant), there are usually several geckos in the house all throughout the year.

Tanya invited us over for a play date. Gavin and Cameron (almost 3) got along great! They played for several hours while Tanya took me around town showing me where to find a few things. We will surely get together with them often to let the boys play.

Cameron and Gavin giving high five goodbyes.

Comments

Kamusta? I miss the Philippines like crazy after looking through your pictures. You will learn to love the geckos...they are awesome. I thought you might know Debs. What a small world. I will try and stay updated on your blog...keep me posted.
Eric and Jenny said…
I can't believe you are actually there in the Phillipines and can't believe that gecko, yikes I would most definitely have freaked out. This will be such a great experience for you guys, what an opportunity for you. Your blog is my new favorite, I will see the Phillipines through you guys. Keep the posts coming!

Popular Posts