Another Day In Paradise

The last 5 days I spent traveling up north, with some new friends, Jenny, Jen and Ryan. We hiked all over the rice terraces. Batad terraces were amazing and swimming in Tappia Falls was incredible. Cave exploring in Sagada was fun, too! We started at Lumiang Cave, looking at all the hanging coffins then squeezing through small holes between rocks, repelling into chest high cave water and listening to bats, coming out at Sumaging Cave. It's so awesome to have things like this so close. I truly felt at home in nature. We ended our trip in Baguio and I got to take them around my old town. It was a great trip, packed with so many things! I experienced riding on top of a jeepney up to Batad, and I have the bruises on my keester to prove it! All in all, a fun trip!

Coming home, I've been thrown back into the swing of things. Gavin and Olivia have had bad coughs for over 3 weeks and Gavin's got worse while I was away. Olivia had a super high fever off and on yesterday. Motrin would bring it down for a couple hours, then would spike back up. We got the kids antibiotics and cough medicine, so happy with our doctor out here!

After putting Olivia to bed last night at 6:30, while she was incoherently rambling, I fell asleep reading books to Gavin and am now wide awake at 4am! Time to catch up on a few things.

Comments

Popular Posts