Our Little Fish

We are very happy with the progress Gavin has made in just a few lessons. He loves the pool and we're so happy! Almost every day we're out at the pool for a lesson or just for fun. What a great way to burn up all that 2 year old, infinite energy! Gavin has only had 3 lessons but is fearless about jumping into the deep end of the pool. He's learning to float on his back and (with a little help) loves diving for things at the bottom of the pool. He does not like to wear his goggles but that doesn't keep him from opening his eyes under water. He can already swim, by himself, to the middle of the pool. Obviously, we watch him very closely now so he doesn't get himself into trouble



Olivia loves the water too! She loves to stand in the kiddie pool and sit on the stairs, splashing water and playing with water toys. After watching her try to dive in the pool from the stair I figured she should probably have some of her own training. She had her first lesson yesterday and screamed almost the entire time. I think it was just because she was worried I'd leave her with Francis. (She's not fond of many males!) Even though she cried a lot, I saw progress by the end of her lesson. She loves to kick in the water when she's on her tummy and she started to get comfortable laying on her back.

I'm totally blown away by what they have learned and in such a short time.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Leah and Alex said…
Hey Joslin, how are you? I'm glad to see that the kids are enjoying a nice swim. It's always good to learn how to swim, take it from someone who is not very good at it :() Oh well, I guess swimming is not my forte.

Popular Posts