Hong Kong

I heard about the Asia Women's Conference the first week I got back to Manila. (Asia Women's Conference is for English speaking LDS Expats. This was the second year they've had it.) I started planning to go but found out there was no more host housing available. Hotels in Hong Kong are pretty pricey so that wasn't an option. My spiritual well had been depleted over 8 months since we've been here. I wanted to go to this conference so badly, but knew it would only work out if it was really supposed to. At the last minute I canceled my registration due to the housing issue and they replied immediately, "Please come, we've got housing for you!" I was ecstatic. The conference was just what I needed to feel grounded in the gospel again.
(Venessa Smith, Paula Curtis, Me)
Paula Curtis is a family friend who lives in Beijing, China. She was one of the speakers at the conference. It was great to see her and spend a little time chatting.

(Pilar Tripoli, Me, Deanna Walker)
This is the host family I stayed with. It was fun to get to know them.

I was able to visit the beautiful Hong Kong Temple with several women from the conference. When else would I get a chance to visit the temples over here in Asia. It was truly amazing.

Some of the women from the conference.

(Golden Buddha)
I took a cable car up to the Golden Buddha. It was a wonderful, peaceful adventure. This is close to the airport, it was the easiest thing for me to do before hopping on my plane that night.

I love this picture! This is one of the statues offering Buddha a gift. I happened to capture the sun right in her hand. I love how the light gleams like she's holding it.


I found a beautiful pond that was secluded. The sound of the water trickling into the pond was so relaxing. Those monks sure know how to make a peaceful place with nature to be closer to God. A perfect tranquil ending of a spiritually uplifting trip.

Comments

Michelle said…
What a great experience!! I am really jealous :)
Leah and Alex said…
Joslin,
My, you sure do get to travel!! :)
That's exciting though. I'm happy that you were able to go to the conference. What beautiful experiences you have accumulated. That's wonderful!! I love the pictures you took. I know what you mean about nature and how the beauty of nature decreases the divide between us and God. It's fun capturing the beauty that surrounds us.
Eric and Jenny said…
Joslin I am just so jealous of you, you get to do the most amazing things that most will never get to experience. That must have been so amazing, I am so glad it all worked out and you were able to go.
Anonymous said…
Holy Cow - I would love to have been there with you! What a wonderful memory, and what a fun and exciting place to go to! I am glad you posted so many pictures.

Popular Posts