I feel like so much has happened this month, I'll try to capture all the highlights!
Gavin is completely accident prone, it's crazy. He's just a regular, over active 2 year old boy, but man, he falls, hits his head, skins his knee, splits his lip, swings on a door and rakes his tooth on the wall. I'll be surprised to see how long it takes before he does something major, causing us to go to the hospital.
Olivia is almost crawling. She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks. She loves to roll all over the floor to get around, but she really gets into trouble with her walker. They don't sell exersaucers here, (walkers that are stationary) so she's very mobile in her walker. We have to keep an eye on her at all times! She loves food and wants to taste everything she sees.
Brian has been working more than usual, 12 hours or more a day. He's been working with a pilot group that ends this week. Race to the finish! Hopefully his schedule will normalize after it ends.
The kids were sick at the beginning of the week, then I got sick. We're all doing better, but it's no fun being sick, especially in a different country. I suspected everything. I think it was bad water but we'll never really know.
We hired Alma to help around the house and with the kids. She's been a nanny in the states, back east, and we've been very thrilled to have her. She comes MWF and one night so we can go out on a date, without kids! Shopping, laundry, dishes, cleaning, playing, cooking. She does it all. She's teaching me how to make Filipino dishes and she's helping me learn Tagalog. Besides all she does, she's a wonderful friend. She is amazing!
The weather has been really nice lately. In the 70's during the day and we usually leave some windows open at night. They have all the Christmas decorations out at the mall. I thought this was kind of odd, since it was out at the first of October. They don't celebrate Thanksgiving (obviously) and apparently it's common for people to have Christmas decorations up in their houses from October through the end of January.
We will be going back to Utah for Christmas and are very excited to see family and friends. We love you all. Happy Halloween!
Gavin is completely accident prone, it's crazy. He's just a regular, over active 2 year old boy, but man, he falls, hits his head, skins his knee, splits his lip, swings on a door and rakes his tooth on the wall. I'll be surprised to see how long it takes before he does something major, causing us to go to the hospital.
Olivia is almost crawling. She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks. She loves to roll all over the floor to get around, but she really gets into trouble with her walker. They don't sell exersaucers here, (walkers that are stationary) so she's very mobile in her walker. We have to keep an eye on her at all times! She loves food and wants to taste everything she sees.
Brian has been working more than usual, 12 hours or more a day. He's been working with a pilot group that ends this week. Race to the finish! Hopefully his schedule will normalize after it ends.
The kids were sick at the beginning of the week, then I got sick. We're all doing better, but it's no fun being sick, especially in a different country. I suspected everything. I think it was bad water but we'll never really know.
We hired Alma to help around the house and with the kids. She's been a nanny in the states, back east, and we've been very thrilled to have her. She comes MWF and one night so we can go out on a date, without kids! Shopping, laundry, dishes, cleaning, playing, cooking. She does it all. She's teaching me how to make Filipino dishes and she's helping me learn Tagalog. Besides all she does, she's a wonderful friend. She is amazing!
The weather has been really nice lately. In the 70's during the day and we usually leave some windows open at night. They have all the Christmas decorations out at the mall. I thought this was kind of odd, since it was out at the first of October. They don't celebrate Thanksgiving (obviously) and apparently it's common for people to have Christmas decorations up in their houses from October through the end of January.
We will be going back to Utah for Christmas and are very excited to see family and friends. We love you all. Happy Halloween!


Comments
And - I am SO completely jealous about Alma. YOU ARE SO LUCKY. But I guess I also agree with Jenny when she said the rest of us have family close, and friends to help, yada yada - - still, someone TO RELY ON three days a week, plus a date! WWOOOWWW!
Yes, Christmas should last forever. I am all for that. I really love your new haircut. It's incredibly flattering on you. Miss you so much! Love T