Horseback Riding

This week we started doing one on one dates with Gavin. He has needed a little extra attention with everything he's been through. I decided to take him horseback riding since he showed an interest in horses at the Botanical Gardens. He was SO EXCITED to get on a horse. This was such a fun experience for him. I honestly didn't know how he'd handle being on his own horse with a guide, but he did great.
Patiently waiting for the horses to come.
Can you see his excitement?
We rode for about 35 minutes and Gavin loved every second of it.
This was taken in front of the Mansion House, where the President of the Philippines stays during the summer months and December.
At the end of the ride, Gavin was very sad to get off the horse and say goodbye. I'm sure this is something we'll do again!

Comments

Eric and Jenny said…
What a cute idea, I would have never thought of taking Lance horse back riding (well it doesn't help he is afraid of anything with four legs) but still. Also did you cut your hair, or has it been that short for awhile? Either way you look really cute in all of your pictures.
Anonymous said…
I was also going to say how cute your new hair is... I love it!

Hey thanks for visiting my crochet blog and for your sweet comment :) Next time you're in SLC we should get together and crochet! I'd love it.

PS I can't wait til Drew's old enough to take on a "date" - looks like you made Gavin's day!
Leah and Alex said…
How fun!! I bet Gavin will never forget how much fun he had. I think it's wonderful you get to enjoy so much together. It must be an experience of a lifetime.
I must also add that your hair looks fabulous.
Keep in touch.
Krisann Charles said…
Oh my goodness, cutest pics ever Jos! We want to come up and ride those little horses with you two too! Same here on the hair compliment...hey wait I think my hair is mostly exactly the same!

Popular Posts