Best Foot Forward

Yesterday and today I had the privilege of attending Time Out For Women at the Salt Palace with my in laws. It has been a while since I've had my spiritual "tank" filled so I absorbed every minute of it.

One of the talks was on parenting. I enjoyed this tremendously, getting new ideas on how to be a better mom. The main thing I got from it was

Treasure more on the doing
and the getting it done a little less.

&

Cherish the moments.

I feel these two things are things I need to work on. I feel like we're constantly in a hurry. That's not fair to the kids and it's not fair to me. I need to slow down and enjoy things like the night time routine and not be in such a hurry to be done for the day. I am going to slow things down and not focus so much on time. I also want to start acknowledging my daily cherished moments.

Tonights Cherished Moment: I was flossing Olivia's teeth for the first time. She sat on the back of the toilet so I could see in her mouth. She kept getting distracted and forgot what we were doing and would bite me. Her little mouth was so small and my hands seemed clumsy and huge in comparison. All I could do was laugh at the funny situation. I thoroughly enjoyed this moment tonight.

Comments

Popular Posts