Pasig 2nd Ward Clean-Up
I was informed of our ward cleanup and was excited to help get things back in order. I learned later that we were supposed to be working on the exterior grounds only because the inside had already been "cleaned". I would really like to know who did the cleaning on this building saying it was ok for people to come back in.
Here is our chapel. Kim and I started turning over all the benches to find that none of them had been cleaned. Maybe some had been rinsed but nothing had been scrubbed or cleaned with any sort of chemical. We wore masks and gloves while we used a bleach mix to start the long process of cleaning.
We found thick black mold on several pews.


Definite line from where the water had been.
Each door has a big groove all the way around it.
It's a great place for mold to hide. :-(
The chalk board had rust and definite lines under it from where the water level had been.
The Nursery was my primary concern since I have 2 kids in there. I had noticed that the water level on the door looked like it had not been cleaned, it hadn't, but it didn't do much when I cleaned it either!



We found thick black mold on several pews.

Definite line from where the water had been.
Each door has a big groove all the way around it.
It's a great place for mold to hide. :-(
The chalk board had rust and definite lines under it from where the water level had been.
The Nursery was my primary concern since I have 2 kids in there. I had noticed that the water level on the door looked like it had not been cleaned, it hadn't, but it didn't do much when I cleaned it either!
There are some accordion doors that were bowed at the bottom from water damage. Looking closely we saw black mold creeping out the bottom. We ripped it open and found lots of black mold. YUCK! This is the divider for the Primary and Nursery.


I knew the Nursery needed some major help after seeing them wipe chairs off with tissue on Sunday. The chairs were not clean at all. I forgot to take a picture of the chairs, but we got them all outside to be washed while I worked on the floors and walls inside. Here's what I found all over the floors... the white stuff, it's mold.
More mold and dried who knows what.
People were wiping hymn books off with tissue and putting them in the sun to clean them. These are books that had been floating in sewage for weeks. Needless to say, the standard of cleanliness is not as high here as I would like. We are working on getting the right people involved but don't feel like it's appropriate to head back to that chapel until these things are addressed, obviously for health reasons.




Comments
It must be so frusterating and heartbraking all at the same time, keep up the good work.