Let's try this again...
Okay... Sundays have been very hard on our family since our last move. Our church now goes from 11:30-2:30... YUCK! This is peek troublesome time for our kids. We've made several attempts at going and now that I look back, I don't think we've actually made it through a whole block of meetings! Yesterday some friends asked us if we were going to church and I told them, "as long as no one is throwing up, we'll be there."
TODAY, Brian let me sleep in (til 6:00). After I was ready for church, I came down stairs to Brian cleaning up an Olivia Blowout that was on him, too! I sent him back to bed and dealt with the children. Had to do some diaper laundry and clean up the kitchen, put dinner in the crockpot, get Olivia down for a nap, feed Gavin... you get the picture. I listened to a Classic BYU Women's Conference talk while I was doing all of this so I was on a little bit of a spiritual high! Crunch time came... we're running out the door for church but we're going to go to the whole block of meetings.
We arrived late. We had the talk with Gavin about how we behave in the church, and he understood if he didn't act appropriately, he'd be sitting in his hot car seat until he chose to be good... everything was going great. No fights, no screams, we read books and ate fish crackers, colored, Gavin sat on my lap for a bit (which he never does) and sacrament meeting even ended on time!
2nd hour... In the US, going from sacrament meeting to primary is hard, but doable. Here it's complete chaos, but today it seemed easy! I took Gavin to the bathroom so he couldn't use that as an excuse, and he had friends in class, didn't make much of a fuss. Finally, Brian, Olivia and I are off to Sunday School... for the FIRST TIME! (Note: We've usually had to stay by the door so he won't just walk out of class. The teachers don't keep kids in the class if they want to leave.) Today we told the teacher, "Do not let Gavin out of the room, for any reason."
Sunday School is crowded. We had to find chairs to take to the room just so we could sit in class. We were in there for 5 minutes, when Olivia pukes all over herself and Brian, no joke. Luckily, it all went on her and Brian so we didn't have to clean up the room before exiting! I strip her down in the bathroom (where there is no soap) and put her clothes in a ziplock bag (that I bring for garbage). Rinse her off and we're off to get Gav. He's enjoying class and does not want to leave. (YAY!!) But we explain to him that Olivia's sick. He says, "Just let me finish my picture, one minute." So we wait out in the hall for him to finish and he comes willingly.
Olivia has 4 molars coming in and felt a bit warm this morning. I'd given her some Tylenol before her nap but forgot to check her before we left for church. By the time we got home, she had a fever of 102-104, depending on which thermometer we used. We gave her some Motrin and I held her while she fell asleep. Poor little turkey.
Everyone is down for naps and I'm feeling pretty good about the events of the day. It's a shame Olivia got sick, we were all doing really good! We'll try it again next week and hopefully it will go as smoothly as it did today, minus the blowout, fever and puking!
TODAY, Brian let me sleep in (til 6:00). After I was ready for church, I came down stairs to Brian cleaning up an Olivia Blowout that was on him, too! I sent him back to bed and dealt with the children. Had to do some diaper laundry and clean up the kitchen, put dinner in the crockpot, get Olivia down for a nap, feed Gavin... you get the picture. I listened to a Classic BYU Women's Conference talk while I was doing all of this so I was on a little bit of a spiritual high! Crunch time came... we're running out the door for church but we're going to go to the whole block of meetings.
We arrived late. We had the talk with Gavin about how we behave in the church, and he understood if he didn't act appropriately, he'd be sitting in his hot car seat until he chose to be good... everything was going great. No fights, no screams, we read books and ate fish crackers, colored, Gavin sat on my lap for a bit (which he never does) and sacrament meeting even ended on time!
2nd hour... In the US, going from sacrament meeting to primary is hard, but doable. Here it's complete chaos, but today it seemed easy! I took Gavin to the bathroom so he couldn't use that as an excuse, and he had friends in class, didn't make much of a fuss. Finally, Brian, Olivia and I are off to Sunday School... for the FIRST TIME! (Note: We've usually had to stay by the door so he won't just walk out of class. The teachers don't keep kids in the class if they want to leave.) Today we told the teacher, "Do not let Gavin out of the room, for any reason."
Sunday School is crowded. We had to find chairs to take to the room just so we could sit in class. We were in there for 5 minutes, when Olivia pukes all over herself and Brian, no joke. Luckily, it all went on her and Brian so we didn't have to clean up the room before exiting! I strip her down in the bathroom (where there is no soap) and put her clothes in a ziplock bag (that I bring for garbage). Rinse her off and we're off to get Gav. He's enjoying class and does not want to leave. (YAY!!) But we explain to him that Olivia's sick. He says, "Just let me finish my picture, one minute." So we wait out in the hall for him to finish and he comes willingly.
Olivia has 4 molars coming in and felt a bit warm this morning. I'd given her some Tylenol before her nap but forgot to check her before we left for church. By the time we got home, she had a fever of 102-104, depending on which thermometer we used. We gave her some Motrin and I held her while she fell asleep. Poor little turkey.
Everyone is down for naps and I'm feeling pretty good about the events of the day. It's a shame Olivia got sick, we were all doing really good! We'll try it again next week and hopefully it will go as smoothly as it did today, minus the blowout, fever and puking!


Comments